You can use this tip to retrieve and select easily modules in the Avizo pool or explorer by picking in the viewer.
The attached resource file defines the function key F3
as a shortcut for selecting in the pool or explorer the next display module(s) picked in the viewer window.
How to try it:
- Load the resource file in Avizo
- Press F3
- Make sure that the viewer is in interaction mode. You can either click on the arrow/hand icons in viewer toolbar or press the [ESC] key to toggle between viewing mode and interaction mode.
- Pick a representation in the viewer, for instance an OrthoSlice: the module is then selected and shown in Properties panel.
Some information is also displayed in the console: module name, element ID if applicable, pick coordinates.
- If you pick over an empty area of the viewer, all modules are deselected and the Properties panel is emptied (except for pined ports).
- Pressing shift or ctrl key while picking over a representation will add or toogle the corresponding module in selection appearing in the Properties panel.
- Some displayed representations may not be selectable by picking, for instance Voltex, DisplayColormap, active transform editors...
How to use this resource:
- You can directly load attached file in Avizo: its header makes it recognized as an Avizo script.
- You could also copy this file in your Avizo5.1\share\resources directory.
- Last, you may insert the included TCL code in your Avizo.init resource file share\resources\Avizo\Avizo.init, after making a backup copy of the original file.